Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Faux Beef or Faux Chicken NOT gluten-free yet!

Gluten-Free: Use a gluten-free 'flour' substitute. In November, I will secure gluten-free flour and will play around with this recipe at that time. UPDATE: Faux Burgers are successful. See recipe posted at later date.

Faux Chicken to come.




This recipe is still in its infancy. If you want, just play around with the following. I accidentally made Beef flavored tofu, but without the allspice. I bought 4 peppercorn spice for my dad, and couldn't find the allspice free version. My salmon had a beefy flavor to it. So...I thought I'd try a Faux Beef tofu, and try to remember what I did before. I will be experimenting in the kitchen to find whats good and whats not good.

Tofu 1/2 pkg.
Allspice 1/4
Green, White and Black Peppercorns (NO Red or Pink if Allergic!) too taste
soy sauce (get the soy sauce from the Gluten Free Mall. It is made in Thailand, and IS gluten-free.)
skipped the soy this time, as I was running low, and the Soy sauce by Panda lacks taste anyways.  Panda isn't labeled as GF, but their is no wheat on the ingredients list.

My lastest version of Burger WORKS! And, without the soy sauce. Soy sauce I think would only add to the flavor. 

cumin 1/4 tsp
sweet basil 4 tsp
coriander 1 tsp
parsley skipped
olive oil
cloves?  1/4 tsp
Chili powder 1/4 tsp
portobello mushroom skipped

WILL FIND GLUTEN-FREE BINDERS. THE BELOW BEING CHANGED!
I intend to include brand names that are considered completely gluten-free.

Binder:
1 cup Soya flour (resulting in what water amount?)
1 cup Arrowroot
2 cups Water.

OR:
Ener-G Egg Replacer I used 3 tsp to 4 TB water. (Gluten Free!)


Faux Chicken:
Tofu
Tumeric
Thyme
*celery seed (I'm allergic, so can't use it)
[do not use the 4 peppercorn with allspice, or it will have a beefy flavor instead of a chickeny flavor.]

Copyright by Kytriya,  July 6, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment