Friday, November 5, 2010

New Website! Under Construction!

Allergic Vegetarian

UPDATE:
Some Vegan and Vegetarian recipes are up, with who they are suitable for.
And, 33 Salad Recipes are up. Currently, all recipes are still only linked to under
the Vegan or Vegetarian heading, but that will change after I do a final check to be
sure that the 'allergy free' stats are correct. :D Making Soup recipes now, but do want to get
more Main Course recipes up. Meat, Fish, Poultry recipes won't be done until some time next year.
Sorry!


This is a brand new site that I'm working on so that you can have all the recipes you want, for what ever food sensitivity or food allergy you have, because not everyone has the same food restrictions.  The best part of this site is that it is NOT completely Vegetarian, as many meat eaters can have unusual food sensitivities too, including to the Mustard and Lily families.

 Currently, I am working on recipes for Vegan, Vegetarians, and Meat eaters with allergies in the 8 most common food allergies (Dairy free, Egg free, Peanut free, Tree Nut free, Gluten free, Shellfish free, Fish free, Soy free, Kyt friendly (those who are like me - Mustard and Lily families, and more), and Onion free, Garlic Free. Seed free and Uticarian diets will be in my second stage of recipe making, hopefully beginning in February.

This site will feature recipes by group, so that you can know that you are getting only the 'gluten free' recipes, or only the 'dairy free', and so on. However,  I do intend to use Google search feature on my site so that you can find the recipe that is, for example, DF, SF, GF but contains peanuts or whatever combination you need.

I shall have recipes for the "Top 8" food allergies, as well as what I'm calling, the "Free of Top 8 + Onion, Garlic".  The URL may say '9free.html', but because Sesame seed is now considered to be the 9th most common allergy in the EU, I'll have to have a "Top 9" that in my case, will include ALL seeds, and not just a specific seed, as I refuse to just single out 1 seed, when in reality, more than just Sesame seeds are an issue. Sunflower Seed is in steep competition with Sesame Seed for the 9th spot.

Most people who can't have Onion are sensitive to it, and not allergic. This is why Onion and Garlic isn't the "9th". Speaking of seeds, watermelon seeds give me a mild upset stomach.  Many feel that I'm just toxic which is why I react to so many foods.

Have a special request?
Comment to this blog, and I will add recipes that reflect your special request ASAP.

Date I hope to have many recipes up on site? These are my initial deadlines.

UPDATE: It is looking like January 1st, is more likely to happen, and December 15th is unlikely, due to NanoWrimo, storms and colds. Its hard to think when your head is all foggy. LOL I tried though!

1) December 15th, 2010 - Some recipes up, but striving for a Dec. 20th due date for even MORE
recipes up!
2) January 1st, 2011
3) February 1st, 2011

% done?
10%

What am I working on now?
Creating the Recipes.  In Webmaster terms: I'm converting the recipes to an online format thats hopefully easy to read. I do have many recipes that I need to convert. The conversion takes time.


What did I finish?
The initial coding of the site so that it would validate properly according to modern web standards so that the majority of you should see my web page how I intended you to see it.


I'll update here, when I get it done. I intend to put some key links on the home page. One such link will be to the Gluten Free Mall. :D  I would have had that link on that page already, but I forgot to put it in.
Sorry! Yes, the link went up and then went down. Silly me forgot to update my off-line version of the page. O_o

No comments:

Post a Comment