Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Faux Burger

My lastest version of Burger WORKS! And, without the soy sauce. Soy sauce I think would only add to the flavor. Adding sauteed mushrooms would only enhance its flavor. I was out.  Serves 4 - 6.

The History of the Faux Burger:
I accidentally made Beef flavored tofu, but without the allspice, and with glutenous soy sauce. I bought 4 peppercorn spice for my dad, and couldn't find the allspice free version. My salmon had a beefy flavor to it. So...I thought I'd try a Faux Beef tofu, and try to remember what I did before. Since then, I found out I had to go gluten free. Thus, we have this version without the Soy sauce.





Half-Recipe Amounts:

Tofu 1/2 pkg., drained well
1/4 tsp. Allspice
1/4 tsp. Cumin
4 tsp. Sweet Basil
1 tsp. Coriander
1/4 tsp. Cloves
1/4 tsp. Chili Powder
2 tsp. Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
Ener-G Egg Replacer:  3 tsp to 4 TB water.
Tellicherry Black Pepper, fresh grounded, to taste (lots of this is yummy!)
Kosher Sea Salt, to taste
Olive Oil for frying


Doubled Recipe Amounts:

Tofu 1 pkg., drained well
1/2 tsp. Allspice
1/2 tsp. Cumin
2 TB + 2 tsp. Sweet Basil (3 TB is also fine!)
2 tsp. Coriander
1/2 tsp. Cloves
1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
4 tsp. Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
Ener-G Egg Replacer: 6 tsp to 8 TB water.
Tellicherry Black Pepper, fresh grounded,  to taste  (Can't have too much of this.)
Kosher Sea Salt, to taste
Olive Oil for frying
 

1) Drain the Tofu well and break up into little pieces in to a medium sized bowl.
2) Add all the spices, except the Ener-G Egg Replacer.
3) Mix the Ener-G Egg Replacer with water, until dissolved.
4) Add the Ener-G Egg Replacer to the Tofu mix.
5) Mix very well, breaking up the tofu into a fine grain.
6) Form into patties and fry in Olive Oil set to Medium - High heat.

Optional: Sauteed Mushrooms in a little olive oil and 1 tsp soy sauce, chopped red bellpeppers and drizzle on top of the burgers.
I was out of mushrooms, so couldn't show the burger with mushrooms.

Serve with your favorite Burger Fixings. I'm going to freeze mine, and then microwave them at a gas station, and toss on GF bread, with Head Lettuce, Tomatoe, Sauteed mushrooms, and Cheese slice.

Copyright by Kytriya,  October 11, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment